Saturday, May 5, 2018

Eating Lizard


So this week went pretty well. We´ve been able to find some people that are fairly positive. We´re hoping to have a solid pool party next month. So on Thursday Elder Gong from the 70s came, so we had a companonship from the east part of the mission come to stay with us Wednesday night. So my first son, Elder Egas and his comp came with us! It was cool to work with Elder Egas again and hang out a bit with him. His comp was pretty cool as well. So we ate some of the most expensive pupusas there to celebrate, then we went to a cheaper place to eat more. So yeah, on Thursday he came and was talking about attributes of Christ. He first asked our opinions of what we saw in our mission presidentes (the meeting was with the east and west mission), then he went around asking people about what they had learned from their companions. I thought that by sitting in the back I would be safe. Wrong! So at the very end he stood in front of me, then asked me to stand up and say something. I was trying to think of something new and creative because everyone had already said a bunch of stuff. So he asked me, "What Christ like atribute have you learned from your companions, so the brilliant elder vaughan that I am said, "....nothing... uuummmmmm.... *looking around at former companions* "...probably diligence." then he asked me, "how much time do you have in the mission?". then the brilliant Elder Vaughan said, "21 days... oh what? months!" and the translater heard 10.... so yeah that was cool. Lesson learned is not to be an idiot in front of 300 people, and to laugh at yourself and get over dumb stuff that happens in life. You're not too cool for school kids. Also read your scriptures, pray and don't do drugs. I love you all!

Also I ate a lizard named "Garrobo" so what's up boi.

Elder Vaughan

T-minus 9 weeks.

Garrobo, the origonal crew, my two sons and my filipino grandson, dinner with a view, second dinner because we were still hungry and the pupusas in the first restaurant were a dollar a piece. Our pimped out ride to go to the multi mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment