Monday, September 12, 2016

Snakes, Snakes and More Snakes!


So this week wasn't too crazy, we had lessons and walked around and played with this kids trompo (top thing) after we visited him, and yeah, we were supposed to have interviews with president but stuff changed.

Also, funny/scary/unearving story. We stopped by this tienda to get a drink and its right across the street from a school. So we leave the tienda and make our way on this road, some girls (5 or 6) were pressed up against this barbed wire fence and saying "Hello my name is.....!" (in English). I just kept walking and said "Hello, have a nice day". Then we passed back by this school a while later and some different girls were yelling "Chelito! Hey Chelito!" (bassically 'little white boy') and making kissing noises (which means... well you know...). I ignored them and kept walking then one of them yelled out "Gayyyyyyy!" so yeah that was fairly interesting. Now my comp refers to me as "chelito".

This one day we left our house and it was pouring down rain like none other and I forgot my unbrella at someones house and my comp doesnt have one so we got soaked. Then we entered this house and we were teaching these ladies and our shirts were most definitely see through. you could see our nips, and they knew it too. So that was fun, but it all turned out well.

Also turns out the mom of our mission president died, so that kind of threw things off for a bit, but hes still here and working well.

Another story with the snakes. I was shaking hands with one as we were leaving and she WOULDNT LET GO. She stared me in the eyes and said "Your eyes are mine.", and tried pulling me towards her. I closed my eyes and was fighting back, then finally she released. I have never been so scared in my life. We will never go back to her house.

So last night I remembered it was 9/11 so I turned on some American music and looked through old pictures and stuff, because this is a day to remeber families and this tragic event. So then my comp said "oh yeah thats when Bin Laden crapped on those pinche gringos", I almost punched him square in the nose. Those people are not "pinche Gringos" they are inocent people whose lives ended too soon, because of the acts of evil people. (I'm not allowed to get too political here), so yeah I didnt talk with him the rest of the night. But I do hope people remember this day and remember their families because we won't have them forever. Sometimes shiz happens. Love you all.

Elder Vaughan

No comments:

Post a Comment