Monday, January 16, 2017

A New Baptismal Date and Some Sunday Tamales


Well, nothing too crazy happened this week. We had a fairly successful week with our lessons. There is this one guy in particular that came to church two Sundays ago, that we had never seen before. He came and told us "I love this church so much, can I be baptized?" So yeah! We started teaching him and then invited him to be baptized the 28th and he said "Of course! What clothes do I need to wear what do I need to do?" and so on. So yeah he is super cool. He's like 70 or something and full of life. He won't let us go to his house though because he says some thugs wanna do bad stuff to him . . . So yeah we have to teach him in the church twice a week.

We have another teenager that is very similar but its hard for him to go to church because every time that he is ready to go, something happens and his mom or someone changes his plans. He said that he his convinced that it is "the enemy" that is causing that.

Other than that all is well. I gave a talk in my ward the other day, and I decided to speak about commandments and more specifically the day of rest, because a lot of people break that commandment. Mainly in buying stuff. But yeah, I saw the need for it. It's comforting to know that I can make people laugh in a different language. I tried cracking a few jokes in there and it seemed to work, but then right after church we went to a member's house for lunch and they were there working to make tamales to sell . . . So I don't think they understood or listened . . . But all is well here! Have a great week people!

Elder Vaughan

No comments:

Post a Comment